What is the difference between a 15 digit and a 18 digit Salesforce ID?
- Salesforce Ids 15 are case-sensitive whereas IDs 18 are case-insensitive.
- User interface on Salesforce.com displays Salesforce Ids 15.
- Salesforce API returns IDs 18.
- The last 3 digits of a Salesforce Id 18 are a checksum of the first 15 characters.
How does it work?
- Copy/Paste your IDs, URLs, etc... in the field below and click on Convert,
- We convert all the IDs between 15 and 18 characters, regardless of the format,
- Click to copy the result you want in your clipboard.
Data confidentiality & security?
- This tool is only using a regular expression to find the Salesforce IDs and a simple algorithm to convert IDs, there is no database, no storage, nothing. ☺ Enjoy!
If you want to suggest a new feature or an improvement (or just to say thanks), feel free to send me an email: email@example.com